Tel: +44 (0)1908 662 655   Email:

Teachers from the European Union

Work in the UK

Supply Teaching Ltd offers teaching opportunities in the UK.  We are based just north of London, in Milton Keynes.

International teachers love the UK as it offers an excellent base for travel and the chance to meet new people from many different countries and backgrounds. Many of the teaching skills used in the UK education system are similar around the world, so teaching here can often be quite straightforward.

Download our Staff Brochure

Click on register with us to find out what you need to get teaching in the UK!

Are You Qualified? -EEA Nationals

If an EEA member state recognises you as a qualified school teacher you can apply for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in the UK.

If you trained outside the EEA you can also apply for QTS in the UK. An EEA member state needs to recognise your qualifications and you will need 3 years of experience as a teacher in that state.

Swiss nationals are also eligible to apply for QTS in the UK.

From December 2016 teachers who are recognised in the EEA but who are only qualified to teach pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) can apply for partial qualified teacher status in England. A teacher with partial qualified teacher status can be appointed to a qualified teacher post in a special school or to teach pupils in a specialist unit in mainstream schools. Partial qualified teacher status also exempts a teacher from the requirement to serve a statutory induction period in England.

If you’re not sure if you’re eligible please contact the Department of Education using this email address.

To submit your application for QTS use the Department of Education online application form. It may take up to 4 months to process your application. You won’t need further training and will be exempt from having to serve a statutory induction period. If successful, you’ll be awarded QTS.

If They are unable to award you QTS, you’ll need to complete a course of initial teacher training in the UK. Supply Teaching Ltd can also help you, Click here for further information


You must apply for a work visa if you do not have British ancestry. Another option is a Working Holiday Visa but work must be incidental to your visit.  Therefore your primary reason for coming to the UK is to travel. Any Teaching work you do can only be for half of the visas length and for the purpose of funding your travel. Work Permits are also available.

Application for a visa can be made at the British High Commission. If you travel without a visa you will be refused entry.

To check your eligibility and best visa options please look on

Dual Nationality

If your parents were born in the UK, may be able to apply for a second passport. This gives you automatic entitlement to work in the UK.  You still need to apply for this before you leave. The rules regarding this seem to change on a yearly basis, so please check with the Embassy.

You will need to send your birth certificate, your parents and/or Grandparents birth certificates and marriage certificates to the British Embassy.  If the Embassy issues you an early entry, bring it with you to the UK and, on arrival show it to immigration.
With the regular changes of the rules it is worth checking if you can be granted partial access if you have parents or grandparents born in other parts of the European Union countries.  Check with the British Embassy.

Are you married?

If you are married to a British national you are entitled to work in the UK.  Also if you are accompanying a spouse who has dual nationality you too will be able to work in the UK.

Current vacancies:

See all vacancies